I'm excited to be speaking at WordCamp Denver 2015.
This year, they have invited me to do a presentation called Where to Begin with WordPress. It's a conversation I have all the time and enjoy the topic:
People who take my workshops and those who hire me to develop their sites all want to know how they can get started – and how they can learn from my mistakes, as well as my successes.
To make it a fun & informative session, I've interviewed people from all different backgrounds:
- people who use WordPress to run their company websites/blogs
- people who make a living from creating sites for clients
- theme and plugin developers
- some folks from the East Coast, some from the West Coast
- some from right here in Boulder, Colorado
I'm including highlights of their stories about how they first got started and what they wish they had known, before they began!
What is WordCamp?
It's a gathering of people within the WordPress community coming together to talk All Things WordPress.
When does it happen (in Denver, Colorado):
SpringHill Suites Denver Downtown
1190 Auraria Pkwy Denver, CO 80204
Check out the Denver Schedule of Times/Speakers Here: https://denver.wordcamp.org/2015/schedule/
FYI: There are WordCamps that happen across the globe – in June of 2015, alone, there are 9 including Germany, Canada, Brazil and Missouri. Check the global schedule at: https://central.wordcamp.org/schedule/
- Someone who heard they should build their site in WordPress
- Casual bloggers
- Internationally known bloggers
- Small business owners managing their own sites
- Graphic Designers looking to start building sites for their clients
- Web Developers
- Plugin Developers
- Theme Developers
- Hosting Service Providers
- World renown WordPress experts
- Local folks doing amazing things
Come join us! There are only a hand full of tickets left, so act quick!
Looking forward to seeing you there. If you plan to attend, please let me know in the comments below or by connecting with me through Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, Pinterest or say hi at the events.