Quick Email Marketing Tip: Include a Signature Line
Here is a Quick Email Tip: Set up a signature line to appear at the bottom of every email you send out (whether in an email newsletter or everyday correspondence).
Include (among other info):
- Your Name
- Company Name
- Phone #
- URL (include http:// to make it a live link they can click on)
- Email Address (yes, even though you are sending out the email – sometimes people cut and paste your contact info to refer you to others, and doing this just makes it easier for everyone)
Other things to consider:
- Links to your social media profiles
- A call to action such as a special offer or: “Contact Me for a Free 1/2 hr Consultation“
- Your title – if that is important for you to share
- Where you are located – again, depends on what you do, whether that is important to include
Here is an example of what I use – Though I’ve taken out my email address, because I don’t want spam robots to grab it from this public page (that is another tip: If you never put your email address anywhere online – instead link to a contact form – you’ll cut down on spam):
Get Free Email Marketing with Constant Contact for 60-Days: http://www.ConstantContact.com/index.jsp?pn=uniquethink
This is not only a handy and helpful way to provide your contact info, you can also use it to promote something, if you want.
As I mentioned, you should have this on every email you send out. Email applications make it easy to set up an automated signature line. The reason to include it on every email, even if you are responding to folks, is to make it easier for them, if they do need to call you.
Years ago, I used to only include it on the first email I sent to folks. One day, a client was trying to call me. She couldn’t find my business card, which she usually used to contact me. So, she went into her saved emails and had to look through a bunch of them, until she found my phone #.
Let’s make it easy for folks to contact us. So, just have it automatically add, if that is easiest for you.
Do you have any tips for what to include in a signature line? If so, comment below to share it with all of us.